When you own a luxury waterfront home, you take care to expertly maintain the craftsmanship in every aspect of it. This includes the preservation of your art collection.
Here are five tips to safeguard your cherished collection and enhance the overall aesthetic of your home.
- Keep the artwork away from direct sunlight and extreme temperature fluctuations. Exposure to sunlight can fade colors and damage delicate materials, while rapid changes in temperature and humidity can cause warping, cracking, or other types of damage.
- Handle the artwork with care. When moving or handling your art collection, always use gloves or clean hands to avoid leaving fingerprints or oils on the artwork's surface.
- Clean the artwork regularly. Dust and dirt can accumulate, causing damage if left unchecked. Use a soft cloth or brush to clean the surface gently, but avoid using water or cleaning solutions.
- Use proper storage techniques. If you need to store your art collection, use acid-free paper or storage boxes to protect the artwork from dust, light, and other environmental factors. Avoid storing artwork in attics or basements, which are prone to temperature and humidity fluctuations.
- Consider investing in professional conservation services. If you have a particularly valuable or delicate piece of artwork, it may be worth investing in professional conservation services to ensure that the artwork is appropriately preserved and protected.
I'd love to see your artwork! If you are looking for a new residence to display your bespoke collection, our Fort Lauderdale real estate team can help. Schedule time with me to discuss your real estate goals.